Monday, March 24, 2014

The Alchemist

The Quote:

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams." Said the Alchemist to Santiago (P.130)

I'll explain it for a little bit:
 Santiago left everything he ever had to go search for the treasure with the alchemist. He had a good life in the oasis. He had gold, a girl and he became counselor of the oases. And so he told the alchemist "My heart is afraid that it will have to suffer." He was afraid that he may not return and that he may have made a mistake leaving a good life behind and searching for something that is so far fictional.

I found it interesting because I agree with the quote. Fear is the real enemy as Walter White said in Breaking Bad. Also when you follow your dream, even though you may come against some hurdles, the reward will make you forget about all the hurdles you faced.

4 comments:

  1. This reminds me the line, "What we must fear is fear itself." from, I guess, a movie or an article that I recently saw. We waste time and a chance for thinkig too much of "what if" and worring too many things that are not yet happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quote that you chose and it has a deep meaning. Also, I really agree with the author because we spend a lot of time thinking about our problems and fears but after the problems are solved, we realize that it is not worth the time spent on those problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am kind of wondering, why that OUR hearts feel that suffering even before it comes? isn't interesting? I love your quote and it makes me think about it for a while

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with first quote, but in some who I disagree because if there is nothing to be feared of just enjoy in your life, the fear bring the sadness

    ReplyDelete