Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Alchemist

I finally received my order yesterday.

I began reading the first chapter of the book. It's about a Spanish shepherd who's on a quest to find a treasure in Egypt. The first chapter was mainly focused on introducing the main character, Santiago, and his joy of traveling. He first found out about the treasure in a dream that he's been having lately. The dream would end before a young kid offers him directions to the treasure in Egypt. I really enjoyed the first chapter.

One quote that I really liked was:

"It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting." -Santiago



3 comments:

  1. Now that's a book I'd love to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this book before, it's a great book, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read this book three years ago and I really loved its twisted nature and how it manipulated the idea of self-love and narcissism. So, you'll find me here each week waiting to see how you like it :P

    ReplyDelete