Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Alchemist outline

I only read the last couple of pages in chapter one and about 15 pages of chapter two last Monday so this is what I have:
I chose to do it this way because my handwriting is really bad!
Coelho, P. (1993). The Alchemist (pp. 35). N.p.: Harpertorch.
Coelho, P. (1993). The Alchemist (pp. 38-39). N.p.: Harpertorch.
Coelho, P. (1993). The Alchemist (pp. 63-64). N.p.: Harpertorch.
Coelho, P. (1993). The Alchemist (pp. 64-65). N.p.: Harpertorch.
What surprised me the most about my reading was the protagonist will to continue his journey. Although he had a terrible experience when he first moved to Tarifa (being robbed), he found a way to make money by serving the crystal merchant. A year passed and he had enough money to go back to his hometown and buy back his sheep but he chose to continue his journey despite the odds being against him.

1 comment:

  1. You have a very helpful way of visually representing this information. I could tell what the main developments were, and was able to follow the reasons that you chose to include the supporting details. Good work including page numbers and the citation (though you only need to include one citation that has the entire range of page numbers in it). This sounds like a very adventurous main character!

    ReplyDelete