Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Alchemist

The alchemist and Santiago met a monk who was going to help Santiago reach the desert.  During the journey, the monk brought some lead. The alchemist used his alchemy skills to transform the lead to gold. Santiago asked whether he could learn it. The alchemist explained that this was his Personal Legend, not Santiago’s (Santiago’s personal legend is the treasure). He divided the gold into 4 pieces. Each kept one but he asked the monk to keep two in case Santiago needs one more. Santiago was puzzled and questioned the alchemist. The alchemist explained by saying an Arabic proverb:

“Everything that happens once can never happen again. But everything that happens twice will surely happen a third time” He was referring to when Santiago got robbed twice. Then the alchemist left and Santiago went alone to pursue his Personal Legend.

I finished reading the book and I'm afraid if I say anything more I will completely spoil it. It was a truly inspirational book and I had so much fun reading it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you didn't spoil the ending - I think people will want to read it based on your descriptions, though!

    ReplyDelete